Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mike Leander - Cool Drinks and Warm Company (1966)






































We have received a DMCA complaint for one or more of your blogs. Emails with the details that were sent to you and all affected posts have been reset to "Draft" status (you may find them by selecting "Drafts" on the "Edit posts" page for each of the affected blogs). You may re-publish the posts with the offending content and/or link(s) removed. If you believe that you have the rights to post this content, you can file a counter-claim with us. For more on our DMCA policy, please click here. Thank you for your prompt attention.


I've been looking for this album for a while and was pretty excited on Saturday when I found it at my local record fair for a £1.  OK, so the condition could be better, but it doesn't sound too bad.

As for Mike Leander, he really has two claims to fame.  Firstly, as fellow Beatles anoraks will know Mike was the only person apart from George Martin to arrange strings on a Beatles record:  the wonderful She's Leaving Home.  Secondly, he co-wrote and produced most of Gary Glitter's hits in the 70's.  I think he may have been house producer for Bell.  But don't quote me as I may have made that up.

Anyway, enjoy and share my excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment