Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Blogger DMCA Takedown Notification

I received an email from Blogger yesterday regarding three posts on In-Flight:  Garry Blake, Mellow Fruitfulness and Michel Legrand.  I have now removed the links but kept the posts there.

Interestingly, by law, they cannot delete my posts - just put them into draft mode, which they did.  They also have to list the complainants, but with any personal info redacted.  This is the link they sent me, interesting stuff:

http://www.chillingeffects.org/notice.cgi

Not been a good week in blogger land, to be honest.  Before this a lot of links I had on Megaupload and Rapidshare have been deleted.  If you try and download a file and the link is dead then please contact me.  I'm not going to replace the files - it takes too much time.

Is this the beginning of the end?

No comments:

Post a Comment